Purpose and Scope
Personal Information We Collect
Categories of Personal Information
We collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household (“Personal Information”). We may collect the following categories of your Personal Information:
|Category of Personal Information||Examples|
|Identifiers||A real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, or other similar identifiers.|
|Personal Information Categories Listed in the California Customer Records statue (Cal. Civ. Code 1798.80(e))||A name, signature, address, telephone number. Some personal information included in this category may overlap with other categories.|
|Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law||Race, color, age (40 years and older), ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, veteran or military status, genetic information (including familial genetic information).|
|Commercial Information||Records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.|
|Internet or other electronic network activity information||Browsing history, search history, and information regarding a consumer’s interaction with an Internet Web site, application, or advertisement.|
|Geolocation data||Physical location and/or movements.|
|Professional or employment-related information||Current and/or past employment history including performance evaluations.|
|Inferences drawn from other personal information||Information used to create a profile about a consumer reflecting the consumer’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.|
Sources of Personal Information We Collect
We generally obtain consumers’ Personal Information from the following categories of sources:
- Directly from our dealers or you. For example, from vehicle service contract applications completed by you.
- Indirectly from our dealers or you. For example, from information collected throughout the course of administering vehicle service contracts or providing other services.
- Directly and indirectly from activity on our websites (including www.easycare.com, www.gwcwarranty.com, www.covideo.com and www.savydriver.com). For example, from submissions through our website portals and/or website usage details collected automatically.
- From third parties that interact with us in connection with the products and/or services we provide. For example, from emergency roadside service providers who provide emergency roadside services in connection with your vehicle service contract.
- Through tracking technologies when you access our website, including cookies, Web beacons, embedded scripts, browser fingerprinting, ETags or Entity Tags, recognition technologies, and location-identifying technologies.
Uses and Disclosures of Personal Information
Business or Commercial Uses of Personal Information
We generally collect consumers’ Personal Information for the following commercial or business purposes:
- To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information. For example, if you share your name and contact information to request a price quote or ask questions about our products or services, we will use that personal information to respond to your inquiry. If you provide your personal information to purchase a product or service, we will use that information to process that request.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To provide, support, personalize, and develop our websites, products, and services.
- To provide you with support and to respond to your inquiries, including to investigate and address your concerns, and to monitor and improve our responses.
- To provide you with alerts or other notices via electronic mail and/or text messages concerning our products, services, events, or news that may be of interest to you.
- To help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our website, products and services, databases and other technology assets, and business.
- For testing, research, analysis, and product development, including to develop and improve our website, products and services.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or local, state, or federal government regulations.
- As necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our clients, or others.
- As described to you when collecting your personal information or as otherwise set forth in applicable laws, including but not limited to the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA).
- To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us is among the assets transferred.
- To process your registration with any of our services, including verifying your information is active and valid.
- For internal business purposes.
- To contact you with regard to your use of any of our services and, in our discretion, changes to any of our services.
Third Parties with Whom Personal Information is Disclosed
We do not sell Personal Information to third parties. We may share data with service providers, insurers, lenders data aggregators or to our affiliates to help us perform the services, perform statistical analysis, send customer emails or postal mail, or otherwise provide customer support. All such third parties are prohibited from using Personal Information except to provide services to us on your behalf, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information. We may also disclose Personal Information to government agencies or third parties as required by law or as necessary to protect our rights or the rights of others.
Our websites use “cookies” to help personalize the customer online experience. Customers have the ability to accept or decline cookies through their browsers.
Customer Data Security
We secure customer Personal Information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure through technologies and processes in a secure and controlled environment.
California Privacy Rights
If you have questions about this notice, please contact us at:
- Phone: 844-253-1297
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: APCO Holdings, LLC, Attn: Legal Department, 6010 Atlantic Boulevard, Norcross, Georgia 30071
Effective Date: 1/1/2020